When was the last time YOU listened carefully, reflectively, meaningfully and thoughtfully to a ''world-class", college commencement speech?
If your kids recently graduated, then probably recently - - BUT DID that commencement speaker's message REALLY hit home for YOU - - as well as your child? If YOU graduated from college or grad school a while back, do you even remember what YOUR commencement speaker had to say, share, his or her life-forging reflections, admonishments, hard-won lessons shared?
Each of the 7 speeches here is unique, wildly different than one another, each profound in its message. Each addressed the subject of how to embrace, manage/master or understand the rest of your adult life - - from highly-original vantage points and unexpected, deeply reflective "life-lesson processes" - - that might be relevant to YOU right now - - as YOU grapple with a tumultuous, and massively, changing world. There are a lot of BIG IDEAS left to think up and explore.
- Steve Jobs - 2005 Stanford Commencement Address
- JK Rowling - 2008 Harvard Commencement Address
- Eric Schmidt - 2009 Carnegie Mellon Commencement Address
- Winston Churchill - 1941 Harrow School Commencement Address
- Bono - 2004 University Of Pennsylvania Commencement Address
- Sheryl Sandberg - 2014 Harvard Business School Commencement Address
- Jeff Bezos - 2010 Princeton University Commencement Address